Free Sample Mold inhibitor Calcium Propionate Cas No 4075-81-4
Calcium Propionate – Animal Feed Supplements
Calcium propanoate or calcium propionate has the formula Ca(C2H5COO)2. It is the calcium salt of propanoic acid.As a food additive, it is listed as E number 282 in the Codex Alimentarius. Calcium propanoate is used as a preservative in a wide variety of products, including but not limited to: bread, other baked goods, processed meat, whey, and other dairy products.
Calcium propanoate is used in bakery products as a mold inhibitor, typically at 0.1-0.4% (though animal feed may contain up to 1%). Mold contamination is considered a serious problem amongst bakers, and conditions commonly found in baking present near-optimal conditions for mold growth.
A few decades ago, Bacillus mesentericus (rope), was a serious problem, but today’s improved sanitary practices in the bakery, combined with rapid turnover of the finished product, have virtually eliminated this form of spoilage. Calcium propanoate and sodium propanoate are effective against both B. mesentericus rope and mold.
* Higher milk yield (peak milk and/or milk persistency).
* Increase in milk components (protein and/or fats).
* Greater dry matter intake.
* Increase calcium concentration & prevents acture hypocalcemia.
* Stimulates rumen microbial synthesis of protein and/or volatile fatty (VFA) production results in improving the animal appetite.
* Stabilize rumen environment and pH.
* Improve growth (gain and feed efficiency).
* Reduce heat stress effects.
* Increase digestion in the digestive tract.
* Improve health (such as less ketosis, reduce acidosis, or improve immune response.
* It acts as a useful aid in preventing milk fever in cows.
POULTRY FEED & LIVE STOCK MANAGEMENT
Calcium Propionate acts as a mold inhibitor, extend the shelf life of feed, helps inhibits aflatoxin production, helps in preventing second fermentation in silage, helps in improving deteriorated feed quality.
* For poultry feed supplementation, the recommended doses of Calcium Propionate is from 2.0 – 8.0 gm/kg diet.
* The amount of calcium Propionate used in livestock depends on the moisture content of the material being protected. Typical dosages range from 1.0 – 3.0 kg/ton of feed.